How well do you know septic systems? Attempt to answer the following questions to see if you learn enough about certain programs.
Septic Systems: You know the…
Do you know what and how a septic system works?
Know what makes septic systems fail?
Do you know what replacing a faulty septic system would cost?
Did you know a defective septic system poses a potential hazard to your health?
Many individuals are very little conscious of their septic system. This is plain to understand. There are sewers in urban and suburban areas for transporting household waste to municipal wastewater treatment plants. However, septic systems do provide the function of both sewers and treatment plants in most rural areas. All household wastes are disposed of via the septic system. The proper functioning of septic systems is essential for health, value of the property and ecology.Learn more by visiting Blue Diamond ET80 in Canal Fulton
TEN HELPFUL HINTS: Hoisting from a truck a 1200 gallon septic tank. Following these indications and observing the warning signs will help ensure a long-lasting sewage system, avoid expensive repairs or replacements, and protect the water supply of all.
- Have the pumped out septic tank every two to three years. This will remove the accumulated sludge and scum that would otherwise reach the tile field and cause blockage leading to a malfunctioning sewage system and expensive repairs. This is the single most effective way to ensure a long-lasting drainage network.
- Practicing water conservation is always smart.
- Use low Phosphate soaps and detergents. Most automatic dishwashing detergents have high phosphate concentrations.
- Do not flush hazardous chemicals such as paints, varnishes, thinners, waste oil, pesticides, solutions for photography, etc. Do not flush coffee grinds, dental floss, disposable diapers, kitty litters, sanitary napkins, tampons, cigarette butts, condoms, fat, grease or oil, paper towels etc. Commercial additives to the septic tank are not required and are not recommended.
- Do not allow vehicles including snow machines and ATVs to park on your sewage system or drive it over.
- Divert from the sewage system removes roof sinks, surface water, sump pumps and building floor drains.
- Sewage systems should have good grass protection, sunlight and sunshine. Do not grow trees and shrubs around sewage systems. However it would be beneficial to plant trees and shrubs between your system and a watercourse.
- Alert yourself to these warning signs:
* Slow draining toilet or other drains
* Sewage back-up in the house
* Mushy ground or greener grass
* Sewage odors